Who we are
We’re an Innovation and Transformation consultancy that partners with our clients to develop their own capabilities, enabling them to work braver and innovate smarter. We have a strong client portfolio, across Pharma, Financial Services, Retail. Our work focuses on building internal capabilities and injecting agility into organisations.
Here at &us we help clients make innovation inevitable in two ways. First, we help them design and build new businesses, products and services. Second, we coach teams, leaders and organisations to build their capability and processes so that they can sustain innovations without us.
Our work blends consulting, strategy and design to help individuals, teams, and organisations make products and services in a smarter and more innovative way. Using a range of design thinking and strategy methodologies we help teams recognise the importance of starting with a clear vision, gaining a deeper understanding of their users and identifying the priority needs they’re looking to serve.
Today our community of makers is made up of a design team, a product strategists team and a network of trusted, expert associates who we know and love. Over the next few years, we see a pathway to a team of 30+ individuals who all share a passion for crafting solutions that meet real-world needs for users inside and outside organisations.
Since early 2017, we’ve grown our company to around 35, based primarily out of the UK, but also in Switzerland, Germany and New York.
This is a permanent role, based in the UK, but with a willingness to travel as required, when work returns to normal.
What we need you to do
We’re looking for someone to support and lead design projects, help grow and mature our design practice, as well as getting hands-on with the work itself. You’ll be excited by complex design challenges, crafting beautifully designed digital products and collaborating on solutions that customers and clients love.
Support and lead client work
- Define and scope design work for yourself and others, setting the pace and adapting throughout when needed
- Devise simple design solutions to complex challenges, immersing yourself in the subject matter to drive informed decision making
- Apply and explain established and evolving standards, as well as best practices for accessibility
- Create interactive, shareable prototypes to demonstrate and test a design solution, remaining aware of the capabilities of the device I am designing for
Support the design team
- Support and guide other &us designers in their work, raising the bar on what good looks like
- Be an active member of the design community at &us and encourage opportunities to grow and share together
Help mature design practice
- Regularly assess and evolve our approach to design challenges, both internal and external
- Promote knowledge-sharing and learning through our design practice and the wider &us universe
- Help evolve the &us brand language and supporting assets, educating others on how to get the most from it
Who we need
We need someone with agency/consultancy experience, that knows how to lead design work and create meaningful experiences.
- Supported and led the creation of complex products and services
- Experience working with big organisations; in and beyond ‘digital’
- At least 4 years experience leading hands-on creation and redesign of products/services, from proposition strategy through design to implementation
- Run design and requirements gathering workshops
- Sketch and prototype ideas for new products and services
- Design flows and experiences that are clean and well thought out
- Passionate about design with a strong creative flair and attention to detail.
- Confident using Sketch, Keynote, Adobe Suite and prototyping tools of your choice.
- Dedicated to learning through making new things; with an action and experimental mindset – insatiably curious about people, teams and organisations.
- All about creating good trouble; not afraid to break the rules when they don’t get us where we need to be, with a passion to own and drive the plan to change the world.
Wise about nudging forward, together; meeting people where they are in their journey, being sensitive about how fast they can move. Being a team-minded individual and empathetic leader to those around you. Generous with your time and experience.
What’s in it for you
- Be a part of a successful innovation and transformation consultancy which is challenging the way that management consulting is traditionally done, a place that offers that rare balance between play, freedom, shaping a business and security.
- You’ll get to tackle the biggest challenges of a whole range of organisations – including industrial titans.
- Join and grow an awesome team of smart, interesting, curious, compassionate people who love to create good trouble.
- Incredibly rewarding experiences – we’ll do everything we can to help you make the most of your career with &us.
- Oh and a competitive salary + generous benefits. Though we know this isn’t why you’ll jump ship and join &us.
Want to join &us?
If so, we’d love to get a sense for how you think. Please send your CV + portfolio to email@example.com and use your cover letter to show us why you’d be great in this position at &us.
We value great writers and communicators. Please don’t write long answers.
We aim to reply to you within a week and look forward to reading your application.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.