Who we are
We’re an Innovation and Transformation consultancy that partners with our clients to develop their own capabilities, enabling them to work more bravely and innovate intelligently. We have a strong client portfolio, across Technology, Pharma, Financial Services and Retail. Our best work sees us working hand-in-hand with our clients to make things, coaching them as we go in the skills, tools, and mindset they need to make sustainable changes for the better, and to realise their vision for their company and for themselves.
Here at &us we help clients make innovation inevitable in two ways:
- Making – We help client teams design and build new businesses, products and services.
- Coaching – We coach teams and leaders to strengthen their ability to solve complex business challenges so that they can sustain innovation without us.
Our coaching work blends consulting, facilitation and coaching to help transform ways of working. Using our experience and our internal playbook we guide teams to get closer to their customers, to challenge their mindsets and assumptions, to adopt design thinking, and to improve how they work together.
Currently we have 8 permanent coaches and a myriad of dedicated associates who we know and love. We see a pathway to a team of 30+ coaches within 5 years. Since early 2017, we’ve grown our company to around 50, based primarily in the UK, but working with clients in Switzerland, Europe and the US.
This is a permanent role, based in the UK, with the flexibility to work from home on a regular basis, and opportunities to travel in the course of work, when “work” returns to normal.
What we need
We’re on the lookout for positive, experienced new colleagues who can quickly jump in and get involved, building trust and respect with individuals internally and across our clients, whilst objectively challenging their current ways of working.
Our work is broad and varied, so we’re after someone with awesome people and facilitation skills, who knows how to challenge and support the client in equal measure, can scope and cost new work with ease, and is comfortable with lots of ambiguity which they then get to shape into impactful work together with the client and their &us colleagues. Well that was a mouthful!
As an innovation coach at &us, you will:
Immerse yourself in the work
- Work on a variety of client challenges: it may be digital product/service, cultural transformation plan, employee experience, go-to-market roadmap or something else
- Deliver key projects, confidently leading all aspects of the work, including budget tracking and following up on new opportunities
- Build effective and close working relationships with our clients and their teams
- Design the best team working rhythm and interventions to unlock the solution to the clients’ business challenges
- Facilitate amazing sessions that install an experimental mindset that puts the end customer in the centre of their work
- Coach individuals and teams in how to work with agility, working with them on their challenge whilst helping them learn to do it themselves
- Use our innovation tools and adapt and improve them – or create new ones – as you’re responding to your clients’ needs
- Act as a thinking partner in solving the challenge, lead the design of the client learning journey, and work in open collaboration with your team to deliver the work
- Day-to-day you’ll be liaising with your clients, planning and facilitating sessions, designing the flow and learning for the client team, preparing and whiteboarding the next sessions, and supporting and troubleshooting with other coaches.
Develop our Coaches’ Community of Practice (COP)
- Bring new thinking, tools and frameworks to our community of practice and help those around you learn from your experience
- Proactively contribute to evolving our coaching playbook and content
- Encourage other coaches in setting ambitious goals and support their efforts in achieving them, in the work and through buddying up
- Spot talent gaps and improvement opportunities within our COP and proactively support the business in finding and hiring good talent.
Help &us grow
- Build strong relationships with senior clients though the work
- Identify opportunities and design follow on work in collaboration with Coaching Leads and Directors
- Be an active part of &us growth efforts, helping us reach new clients with thoughtful and helpful content and conversations
- Create case studies and share your points of view through &us blog and marketing activities
- Find and use opportunities to represent &us at events, conferences and talks, cultivate your network and identify people and businesses you could introduce to &us.
Who we need
We need someone with an innovation background who knows how to contribute to and strengthen a thriving coaching or consulting practice.
- 8-10 years of experience in the innovation world
- Innovation coaching, strategy or product/service background
- Worked with clients to develop new products and services using design thinking and a variety of tools
- A passion for influencing the future of work and changing the way big organisations work
- Lots of impatience for change and proactivity to make things happen
- An exceptional knack for quickly building rapport and strong relationships across different levels of seniority, and great networking skills
- A strategic mind that likes to crack increasingly complex challenges in constant collaboration with your colleagues and your clients
- Practical, proven skills in collaboratively designing and delivering simple yet inspiring sessions, in person and online
- Active listening skills, great compassion and empathy for the end customer and for the client, and ability to take your client along a journey from ambiguity to clarity
- Spotted and scoped new commercial opportunities, and written proposals for both simple and complex pieces of work
- Learned your innovation and client skills in the agency world rather than client-side or in a big consultancy.
- Dedicated to learning through making new things; with an action and experimentation mindset. Insatiably curious about people, systems, organisations; about how things work and how to make better things.
- All about creating good trouble; not afraid to break the rules when they don’t get us where we need to be. With a passion to own and drive the plan to change the world, and rallying others to join in the fun!
- Happy nudging forward, together; meeting people where they are in their journey, being sensitive about how fast they can move. Being an inclusive, team-minded individual and internal coach to those around you. Generous with your time and experience.
What’s in it for you
- Tackle the biggest challenges of a whole range of organisations – including industrial titans
- Be an essential ingredient of a successful, young boutique consultancy
- Join and help grow an awesome team of smart, interesting, curious, compassionate people who love to create good trouble together
- Have freedom to initiate and drive internal initiatives that align with your personal interests and our business needs – or join an existing squad
- Incredibly rewarding experiences – we’ll do everything we can to help you make the most of your career with &us
- Competitive salary + generous benefits. Though we know this isn’t why you’ll jump ship and join &us.
Want to join &us?
If that’s a yes, we’d love to get a sense of how you think. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and use your cover letter to show us why you’d be great in this position at &us.
We value great communicators. Please don’t write long answers or use lots of jargon. We aim to reply to you within a week and look forward to reading your application.
Fundamentally to us, creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, express their points of view, experiment and play together without fear, and do their best work, is the right thing to do. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees, and we welcome applications from everyone.