Who we are
We’re an Innovation and Transformation consultancy that partners with our clients to develop their own capabilities, enabling them to work more bravely and innovate intelligently. We have a strong client portfolio, across Technology, Pharma, Financial Services and Retail. Our best work sees us working hand-in-hand with our clients to make things, coaching them as we go in the skills, tools, and mindset they need to make sustainable changes for the better, and to realise their vision for their company and for themselves.
Our “making” work blends consulting, strategy and design to help individuals, teams, and organisations make products and services in a smarter and more innovative way. Using a range of design thinking and strategy methodologies we help teams recognise the importance of starting with a clear vision, gaining a deeper understanding of their users and identifying the priority needs they’re looking to serve.
Today our team is made up of six product designers, five product strategists and a network of trusted, expert associates who we know and love. Over the next few years, we see a pathway to a team of 30+ designers and strategists who all share a passion for crafting brilliant solutions that meet real-world needs for users inside and outside organisations.
Since early 2017, we’ve grown our company to around 50, based primarily in the UK, but working with clients in Switzerland, Europe and the US.
This is a permanent role, based in the UK, with the flexibility to work from home on a regular basis, and opportunities to travel in the course of work, when “work” returns to normal.
What we need you to do
We’re looking for someone to lead design projects, support our design team and help develop our design practice, as well as getting hands-on with the work itself on a regular basis.
You’ll be excited by complex design challenges, crafting beautifully designed digital products and collaborating on solutions that customers and clients love.
Lead multiple innovation projects
- Devise simple design solutions to complex challenges, immersing yourself in the subject matter to drive informed decision making
- Define and scope design work, setting the pace and listening and adapting throughout
- Support the client, working closely with our coaches, product and strategy leads to ensure strong and lasting relationships
Craft beautiful product experiences
- Design and produce experiments that unearth valuable insight that impacts the direction of the product
- Create considered designs and prototypes in Figma and Sketch
Mentor and support designers
- Support and guide other &us designers in their work, constantly raising the bar on what good looks like
- Play an active role in the development of &us designers, helping to assess capability and identify areas of improvement
- Be an active member of the design community at &us and encourage opportunities to grow and share together
Level up our design practice
- Regularly assess and evolve our approach to design challenges, both internal and external
- Promote knowledge-sharing and learning through our design practice and the wider &us universe
- Help evolve the &us brand language and supporting assets, educating others on how to get the most from it
Who we need
We need someone with deep consultancy experience, who knows how to lead design work and develop a thriving design practice.
- Led the creation of complex products and services
- Experience working with big organisations; in and beyond ‘digital’
- Been responsible for other designers’ output
- Dedicated to learning through making new things; with an action and experimental mindset – insatiably curious about people, teams and organisations
- All about creating good trouble; not afraid to break the rules when they don’t get us where we need to be, with a passion to own and drive the plan to change the world
- Nudging forward, together; meeting people where they are in their journey, being sensitive about how fast they can move. Being a team-minded individual and internal coach to those around you. Generous with your time and experience
- Naturally collaborative, ego-free and able to give and take design critique constructively
- Committed to being hands-on. We believe lead designers shouldn’t be separated from the reality of making things.
What’s in it for you
- You’ll get to tackle the biggest challenges of a whole range of organisations – including industrial titans.
- Be an essential ingredient of a successful, young consultancy that offers that rare balance between play, freedom and security.
- Join and grow an awesome team of smart, interesting, curious, compassionate people who love to create good trouble.
- Incredibly rewarding experiences – we’ll do everything we can to help you make the most of your career with &us.
- Oh and a competitive salary + generous benefits. Though we know this isn’t why you’ll jump ship and join &us.
Want to join &us?
If so, we’d love to get a sense for how you think. Please send your portfolio + CV to email@example.com and use your cover letter to show us why you’d be great in this position at &us.
We value great writers and communicators. Please don’t write long covering letters. We aim to reply to you within a week and look forward to reading your application.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.