Who we are
We’re an Innovation and Transformation consultancy which partners with our clients to develop their own capabilities, enabling them to work more bravely and innovate intelligently. We have a strong client portfolio, across Technology, Pharma, Financial Services and Retail. Our work sees us working hand-in-hand with our clients to make things (products, services, even businesses), coaching them as we go in the skills, tools, and mindset they need to make sustainable changes for the better, and to realise their vision for their company and for themselves.
Since early 2017, we’ve grown to around 50 people, based primarily in the UK, but working with clients in Switzerland, Europe and the US.
This is a permanent, part-time (16-24 hours per week) role based in the UK, with the flexibility to work from home on a regular basis. Amongst other things, we’re currently figuring out what the future of “the office” looks like for a company like ours!
Who we need
We are looking for a part-time Finance Assistant to join our busy Operations team. The Ops team is currently made up of four people – our Managing Director, Finance Manager, Resource + Operations Lead and People + Talent Manager. You’ll work closely with our Finance Manager, providing some much-needed extra capacity as the company grows and – importantly – to allow our Finance Manager to start to reduce her hours in the run-up to retirement.
This is a hands-on role with the opportunity to grow your responsibilities over time. You will be responsible for a variety of important finance administrative tasks, though we’d also appreciate a willingness to help out in other areas of ops from time to time, as we are a close-knit and collaborative team by nature.You may already have experience of working in a financial environment, or be looking to start a career in finance. Either way, we know you’ll be comfortable working with numbers, organised and detail oriented. We suspect you may be quite fond of a spreadsheet…
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Processing supplier invoices and queries
- Obtaining purchase orders
- Assisting with raising invoices and credit control
Financial Reports and Forecast
- Supporting in the preparation of the financial forecast
- Assisting with weekly and monthly reports
- Working with the Finance Manager and Resource + Operations Lead to ensure that information for invoicing and forecasting is accurate
- Checking and processing travel expenses
- Processing staff expenses
- Reconciling Director credit card expenses
Your skills and experience
- Background or keen interest in finance
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to pick up new software and tools with ease e.g. Quickbooks, Smartsheet, Google Suite
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner
- Task-driven, with a “can-do” attitude and desire to learn new things
- Super organised, with the ability to prioritise a high volume of tasks
- Energised by working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to work with all levels
You’ll thrive at &us if you are…
- Naturally curious: about people and organisations, how things work and how to make things better.
- All about creating ‘good trouble’: not afraid to break the rules when they’re standing in the way of radical, positive change.
- A true team player: hungry to collaborate and empathetic and welcoming of the ideas and experiences of others.
What’s in it for you
- Be a part of a successful, young independent consultancy.
- Join and help grow an awesome team of smart, interesting, curious, compassionate people who love to create ‘good trouble’ together.
- Have the freedom to initiate and drive internal initiatives that align with your personal interests and our business needs – or join an existing squad.
- Incredibly rewarding experiences – we’ll do everything we can to help you make the most of your career with &us.
- Competitive salary + generous benefits. Though we know this isn’t why you’ll want to join &us.
Want to join &us?
If that’s a yes, we’d love to get a sense of how you think. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and use your cover letter to show us why you’d be great in this position at &us.
We value great communicators. Please don’t write a long covering letter. We aim to reply to you within a week and look forward to reading your application.
We believe that creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, express their points of view, experiment and play together without fear, and do their best work, is simply the right thing to do. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees, and we welcome applications from everyone.