Who we are
We’re an Innovation and Transformation consultancy that partners with our clients to develop their own capabilities, enabling them to work more bravely and innovate intelligently. We have a strong client portfolio, across Technology, Pharma, Financial Services and Retail. Our best work sees us working hand-in-hand with our clients to make things, coaching them as we go in the skills, tools, and mindset they need to make sustainable changes for the better, and to realise their vision for their company and for themselves.
Our “making” work blends consulting, strategy and design to help individuals, teams, and organisations make products and services in a smarter and more innovative way. Using a range of design thinking and strategy methodologies we help teams recognise the importance of starting with a clear vision, gaining a deeper understanding of their users and identifying the priority needs they’re looking to serve.
Today our team is made up of product designers, product strategists and a network of trusted, expert associates who we know and love. Over the next few years, we see a pathway to a team of 30+ designers and strategists who all share a passion for crafting brilliant solutions that meet real-world needs for users inside and outside organisations.
Since early 2017, we’ve grown our company to around 40, based primarily in the UK, but working with clients in Switzerland, Europe and the US.
This is a permanent role, based in the UK, with the flexibility to work from home on a regular basis, and opportunities to travel in the course of work, when “work” returns to normal.
What we need you to do
We’re looking for someone to bring strong lead capability to our strategy practice, get stuck into the client work, while also helping to strengthen what we do and how we do it.
You’ll be excited by the idea of helping organisations deliver better, more valuable output – whether that’s co-creating new propositions, new businesses, an innovation pipeline, or re-imagining an existing digital service.
Through this work you’ll be ensuring teams are building their own ‘product strategy muscle’ along the way.
Lead the work
- Be exceptionally comfortable in the work, leading project teams, and constantly pushing the bar for what great looks like for our clients, and for &us
- Be a strong advocate for the clients’ challenges and drive them towards their potential
- Apply strategic and design thinking methodologies in the work to help clients empathise with their customers and experiment and validate innovative new ideas
- Lead and drive multiple projects and more junior team members; bringing a clear point of view, based on experience, to help clients and teams achieve their ambitions
- Recognise and seize opportunities to build follow on work and new opportunities with existing clients across our full service offering
Hunt for new business
- In collaboration with other senior &us people, find, scope and sell work you are excited about delivering
- Bring and build deep relationships with the people we work with, and enable them to achieve more with &us than without us – and ensuring we don’t miss the exciting challenges on the table
- Collaborate with other &us leads to ensure we sell and serve challenging client partnerships
Making the &us journey bigger and better
- Be a core member of the leadership team delivering on our company objectives
- Shape the &us learning agenda in cahoots with the leadership team
- Lead internal projects to grow and shape our future
- Be a part of growing and developing groundbreaking “strategy” IP that the whole business can use
Who we need
We need someone with business strategy, product and design thinking experience, who is passionate about the idea of helping build a business around a thriving product strategy practice.
- Led the creation of complex products, services and/or businesses
- Led large digital / OR innovation work with big organisations;
- Managed multi-disciplinary teams (project and/or direct line management)
- At least 4 years experience leading hands-on creation and redesign of products/services, from proposition strategy through design to implementation
- Experience seeking out new business, winning new business, scoping the work, setting up the delivery team and designing the approach
- Deep design-thinking skills, from recognising and capturing really springy new customer insight to building commercially brilliant ideas and the ability to put them into action.
- Inspiring storytelling skills that bring clients with you, incite change and momentum and unleash potential and energy in teams around you
- Dedicated to learning through making new things; with an action and experimental mindset – insatiably curious about people, teams and organisations.
- All about creating good trouble; not afraid to break the rules when they don’t get us where we need to be, with a passion to own and drive the plan to change the world.
Wise about nudging forward, together; meeting people where they are in their journey, being sensitive about how fast they can move. Being a team-minded individual and empathetic leader to those around you. Generous with your time and experience.
What’s in it for you
You’ll get to tackle the biggest challenges of a whole range of organisations – including industrial titans.
- Be an essential ingredient of a successful, young boutique consultancy that offers that rare balance between play, freedom, shaping a business and security.
- Join and help grow an awesome team of smart, interesting, curious, compassionate people who love to create good trouble.
- Incredibly rewarding experiences – we’ll do everything we can to help you make the most of your career with &us.
- Oh and a competitive salary + generous benefits. Though we know this isn’t why you’ll jump ship and join &us.
Want to join &us?
If so, we’d love to get a sense for how you think. Please send your CV to email@example.com and use your cover letter to show us why you’d be great in this position at &us.
We value great writers and communicators. Please don’t write long answers.
We aim to reply to you within a week and look forward to reading your application.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.