We’re looking for an entrepreneurially minded consultant to bring strong leadership capability to our strategy practice, getting stuck in and leading multiple projects, whilst strengthening what we do and how we do it.
You’ll be excited by the idea of helping organisations deliver better, more valuable output – whether that’s co-creating new propositions, new businesses, an innovation pipeline, or re-imagining an existing digital service.
This is a permanent role, based in Old St, London, with the flexibility to work from home on a regular basis, and opportunities to travel in the course of work.
What we need you to do
At a high level, these are the areas we’d expect you to take ownership of:
Support and lead multiple innovative projects
- Be exceptionally comfortable in the work, leading and coordinating multi-disciplined project teams, and constantly pushing the bar for what great looks like for our clients, and for &us
- Be a strong advocate for the clients’ challenges and drive them towards their potential
- Apply strategic and design thinking methodologies in the work to help clients empathise with their customers, guiding them through experimentation and validation of new innovative new ideas
- Lead and drive multiple projects; bring clear direction and point of view, based on experience, to help clients and teams achieve their ambitions
- Support the client throughout, working closely with our coaches and designers to ensure strong and lasting relationships
- Recognise and seize opportunities to build follow on work and new opportunities with existing clients across our full-service offering
Help manage and mentor the team
- Support and guide other &us strategists in their work, constantly raising the bar on what good looks like
- Working alongside Partners and Directors, play an active role in the development of &us strategists, helping to assess capability and identify areas of improvement
- Be an active member of the strategy community at &us and encourage opportunities to grow and share together
Nurture existing partnerships and hunt for new opportunities
- Bring and build deep relationships with the people we work with, and enable them to achieve more with &us than without us – and ensuring we don’t miss the exciting challenges on the table
- Balancing long term vision for a programme direction, with the immediate needs and deliverables of a scope
- Working with clients to map out a roadmap of future opportunities and where to take projects next
- In collaboration with other senior &us people, find, scope and sell work you are excited about delivering
- Collaborate with other &us leads to ensure we sell and serve challenging client partnerships
We need an entrepreneurial consultant, with strategy, product and design thinking experience who is passionate about the idea of building a thriving strategy practice within a young business.
- At least 8 years experience in a strategically-focused role, with 2-3 years experience in leading the projects. This entails hands-on creation and redesign of products/services, from insight gathering, proposition development through to design, experimentation and implementation
- Led large digital / OR innovation projects with or within large organisations
- Managed multi-disciplinary teams (project and/or direct line management)
- Deep design-thinking skills, from recognising and capturing really springy new customer insight to building commercially brilliant ideas and the ability to put them into action.
- You carry a point of view on the macro changes taking places across a range of industries, and are able to illustrate and articulate what that might mean for a specific client
- Slick storytelling that bring clients with you, incite change and momentum and unleash potential and energy in teams around you
- Experienced in seeking out new opportunities, winning new business, scoping the work, setting up the delivery team and designing the approach
- Comfortable with a wide set of innovation tools and best practices, including Miro boards, trello boards, everything Gdocs and accustomed to agile ways of working
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy which partners with our clients to build new products, services and strategies. We help them build the capabilities to work in a brave, smart and independent way.
We have a strong client portfolio, across Technology, Pharma, Financial Services and Retail. Using a range of design thinking and agile methodologies, our best work sees us working hand-in-hand with our clients to make things, coaching them as we go in the skills, tools, and mindset they need to make sustainable changes for the better.
Today our 50+ community is made up of designers, product strategists, transformation coaches and a network of trusted, expert associates who’ve helped organisations like HP, Macmillan, Novartis, River Island, Wickes and The Economist.
What’s in it for you
Growth and opportunity
Be a part of a growing innovation and transformation consultancy which is challenging the way that management consulting is traditionally done – a place that offers that rare balance between play, freedom, shaping a business and security. You’ll get to tackle the biggest challenges of a whole range of organisations – including industrial titans.
You’ll join and grow an awesome team of smart, interesting, curious, compassionate people who love to create good trouble. And you’ll learn a lot along the way.
There are many reasons why you’d want to join &us, but here are a few of the benefits we’d like to call out:
- Competitive salary
- A collaborative, open and inclusive culture
- Flexible working – work from home, remotely or in our London office
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Office closure between Christmas and new year
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years working here
- Discretionary ‘Profit Fair Share’ bonus
- Health and life insurance
- Employee assistance loans
- Well-being support
- Two-day annual retreat, parties and regular socials.
Want to join &us?
Please don’t get disheartened if you do not fill all of the boxes. We would still love to hear from you.
Simply drop our People and Talent Manager, Alex (firstname.lastname@example.org) an email with:
- An explanation on why this role and why &us?
- Your CV
We value great writers and communicators. Please keep your email succinct. We aim to reply to you within a week and look forward to reading your application.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.