Who we are
We’re an Innovation and Transformation consultancy that partners with our clients to develop their own capabilities, enabling them to work more bravely and innovate intelligently. We have a strong client portfolio, across Technology, Pharma, Financial Services and Retail. Our best work sees us working hand-in-hand with our clients to make things, coaching them as we go in the skills, tools, and mindset they need to make sustainable changes for the better, and to realise their vision for their company and for themselves.
Our “making” work blends consulting, strategy and design to help individuals, teams, and organisations make products and services in a smarter and more innovative way. Using a range of design thinking and strategy methodologies we help teams recognise the importance of starting with a clear vision, gaining a deeper understanding of their users and identifying the priority needs they’re looking to serve.
Today our team is made up of product designers, product strategists and a network of trusted, expert associates who we know and love. Over the next few years, we see a pathway to a team of 30+ designers and strategists who all share a passion for crafting brilliant solutions that meet real-world needs for users inside and outside organisations.
Since early 2017, we’ve grown our company to around 40, based primarily in the UK, but working with clients in Switzerland, Europe and the US.
This is a permanent role, based in the UK, with the flexibility to work from home on a regular basis, and opportunities to travel in the course of work, when “work” returns to normal.
What we need you to do
We are looking for someone who is collaborative and passionate about taking on a variety of challenges – from building out a strategic vision for a project to leading a multidisciplinary team.
Our work is broad and varied, so we’re after someone with fantastic product knowledge, who knows to ask the right questions at the right time, can help teams get ideas out of their heads and into practice, and always pushes boundaries to thrive in today’s digital world.
Creating new products, services and strategies
- Bring nuanced points of view, ask the key questions, and communicate brilliantly (written/visual/in person)
- Lead a discovery process, including designing and delivering client workshops, interviews, spotting innovation territories, trends, and creating practical experiments with clients
- Bring new ideas and ways of thinking, and carry out user interviews and identify insights
- Navigate ambiguity and tricky conditions to bring clarity and focus in any situation
Crafting compelling stories and set the direction
- Confidently craft and tell stories that inspire others to action and change, irrespective of seniority
- Create actionable strategies and roadmaps that take behavioural, cultural, political, and budgetary factors into account
- Keep teams focused on the big picture, while helping them understand what tactical projects are worth their time
- Notice and mitigate risks, and brilliantly prioritise to focus on the right problems at the right time
Building and managing win-win client relationships
- Be trusted to deliver, bringing solid commercial awareness
- Coach and mentor others, providing them with the right tools, tips and frameworks for their strategy / innovation projects, as well as being a great sounding board and thinking partner
- Bring a nuanced point of view to creating, leading and converting new opportunities, and help build the team’s muscle to do the same
Who we need
We need someone with agency/consultancy experience, that knows how to lead design work and create meaningful experiences.
- An exceptionally quick ability to building strong rapport, across different levels of seniority
- Fantastic communication skills (written, spoken + presented)
- Proven ability to manage project timelines and scope to deliver high-quality work.
- A passion for changing the way big organisations work and the future of work
- Fun working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Confidence and comfort leading discovery projects and helping clients articulate their ideas
- A love for spotting interesting problems, unearthing the truth, and are comfortable in working through ambiguity
- You might also have experience ‘in house’, in larger organisations or start ups, and a working knowledge of comms, and business transformation
- Dedicated to learning through making new things; with an action and experimental mindset – insatiably curious about people, teams and organisations.
- All about creating good trouble; not afraid to break the rules when they don’t get us where we need to be, with a passion to own and drive the plan to change the world.
- Wise about nudging forward, together; meeting people where they are in their journey, being sensitive about how fast they can move. Being a team-minded individual and empathetic leader to those around you. Generous with your time and experience.
What’s in it for you?
- Be a part of a successful innovation and transformation consultancy which is challenging the way that management consulting is traditionally done, a place that offers that rare balance between play, freedom, shaping a business and security.
- You’ll get to tackle the biggest challenges of a whole range of organisations – including industrial titans.
- Join and grow an awesome team of smart, interesting, curious, compassionate people who love to create good trouble.
- Incredibly rewarding experiences – we’ll do everything we can to help you make the most of your career with &us.
- Oh and a competitive salary + generous benefits. Though we know this isn’t why you’ll jump ship and join &us.
Want to join &us?
If so, we’d love to get a sense for how you think. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and use your cover letter to tell us about your favourite project you’ve ever worked on.
We value great writers and communicators. Please don’t write long answers.
We aim to reply to you within a week and look forward to reading your application.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.