We’re a friendly and curious team of innovators, looking for someone to support our Design Lead. We believe a diversity of backgrounds, experience and opinions builds the strongest multi-disciplinary design team, so encourage those from under-represented groups to apply.
You’ll mentor our designers, help grow and mature our design practice, as well as getting hands-on with the client work itself. You’ll be excited by complex UX challenges, crafting beautifully designed digital products and collaborating on solutions that customers and clients love.
This is a permanent role, based in Old St, London, with the flexibility to work from home on a regular basis, and opportunities to travel in the course of work.
What we need you to do
Some of the things we’ll ask you to get involved in are:
Support and lead client work
- Define and scope design, research and UX work for yourself and others, setting the pace and adapting throughout when needed.
- Creatively direct, create and iterate wireframes, websites, apps, services, decks, concept visualisations, videos, prototypes, etc – all with great CX. And happy to try your hand designing things you’ve not designed before.
- Lead UX research, interviews or surveys, and converting into engaging, iterative designs.
- Devise simple design solutions to complex challenges, immersing yourself in the subject matter to drive informed decision making.
- Apply and explain established and evolving standards, as well as best practices for design sprints, accessibility and life-centered design.
- Create interactive, shareable prototypes to demonstrate and test a design solution.
- Some project management experience is beneficial. We don’t have teams of account or project managers here, instead collaborating in agile sprints to make progress quickly.
Support the design team
- Support and guide other &us designers in their work, raising the bar on what ‘good’ is – experientially, visually, and ethically.
- Be an active member of the design community at &us, encouraging an open culture of feedback, learning and sharing.
- Help evolve the &us brand language and supporting assets, educating others on how to get the most from it.
- Spotting and actioning opportunities to improve our ways of working.
We need someone with agency or consultancy experience, who knows how to lead UX design work and create meaningful experiences.
- At least 6 years experience leading hands-on creation and redesign of products/services, from proposition strategy through design to implementation.
- Created and led UX research into audiences, markets and competitors.
- Shaped and led design thinking workshops, sprints and user-centred design.
- Experience working with big organisations; in and beyond ‘digital’.
- Sketch and prototype ideas for new products and services.
- Design flows and experiences that are clean and well thought out.
- A love of typography, information hierarchies and clear visual thinking.
- An eye on what’s coming: from life-centred design to the future of work.
- Passionate about design with a strong creative flair and attention to detail.
- Confident using Figma, Sketch, GSuite, Adobe and/or prototyping tools of your choice.
- Dedicated to learning through making new things; with an action and experimental mindset – insatiably curious about people, teams and organisations.
- All about creating good trouble; not afraid to break the rules when they don’t get us where we need to be, with a passion to own and drive the plan to change the world.
- Wise about nudging forward, together; meeting people where they are in their journey, being sensitive about how fast they can move. Being a team-minded individual and empathetic leader to those around you.
- Generous with your time and experience.
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy which partners with our clients to build new products, services and strategies, whilst helping them build the capabilities to work in a brave, smart and independent way.
We have a strong client portfolio, across Technology, Pharma, Financial Services and Retail. Using a range of design thinking and agile methodologies, our best work sees us working hand-in-hand with our clients to make things, coaching them as we go in the skills, tools, and mindset they need to make sustainable changes for the better.
Today our 50+ community is made up of designers, product strategists, coaches and a network of trusted, expert associates who’ve helped organisations like The Post Office, Macmillan, Novartis, River Island, HP and The Economist.
What’s in it for you
Growth and opportunity
Be a part of a successful innovation and transformation consultancy which is challenging the way that management consulting is traditionally done – a place that offers that rare balance between play, freedom, shaping a business and security. You’ll get to tackle the biggest challenges of a whole range of organisations – including industrial titans.
You’ll join and grow an awesome team of smart, interesting, curious, compassionate people who love to create good trouble.
There are many reasons why you’d want to join &us, but here are a few of the benefits we’d like to call out:
- A collaborative, open and inclusive culture
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working – work from home, remotely or in our London office
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Office closure between Christmas and new year
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years working here
- Discretionary ‘Profit Fair Share’ bonus
- Health and life insurance
- Employee assistance loans
- Well-being support
- Two-day annual retreat, parties and regular socials
Want to join &us?
If so, we’d love to get a sense for how you think. Please send your CV + portfolio to email@example.com and use your cover letter to show us why you’d be great in this position at &us.
We value great writers and communicators. Please don’t write long answers.
We aim to reply to you within a week and look forward to reading your application.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.