We’re a friendly and curious team of innovators, looking for a fellow design optimist. We believe a diversity of backgrounds, experience and opinions builds the strongest multi-disciplinary design team, so encourage those from under-represented groups to apply.
We also believe the pace of change is only getting faster, so we support our team and clients towards embracing uncertainty with new tools, agile ways of working and unique perspectives.
In this role, you’ll get hands-on with the client work itself, mentor our designers, as well as help grow and mature our design practice. You’ll be excited by complex UX or design-thinking challenges, supporting clients towards customer-first solutions and collaborating on designs that customers and clients love.
Design is one of our three communities of practice, along with Strategy and Transformation. We’ve got a new strategy of our own forming, aimed at helping our clients become life-centred designers while upskilling ourselves. We mentor and support our designers to the next step in their career, helping you understand what we expect and how we’ll support you in getting there.
This is a permanent role, based in Old St, London, with the flexibility to work from home on a regular basis, and opportunities to travel in the course of work.
What you’ll do
Some of the things we’ll ask you to get involved in are:
Support and lead client work
- Help scope, plan and lead work, setting the pace for yourself and others. Wireframes, websites, apps, services, decks, concept visualisations, videos or prototypes – all with great CX. We don’t expect you to know how to design everything, but we like people who are happy to try their hand at designing things you’ve not designed before.
- Devise simple design solutions to complex challenges, immersing yourself in the subject matter to drive informed decision making.
- Tell great stories, visually and in words, across decks, videos, presentations or whichever medium works best for the project.
- Some project management experience is beneficial. We don’t have teams of account or project managers here, instead collaborating in agile sprints to make progress quickly.
Help nurture the design team
- Support and guide other &us designers in their work, raising the bar on what ‘good’ is – experientially, visually, and ethically.
- Lean into supporting the Design Leads, proactively offering solutions and better ways of working.
- Be an active member of the design community at &us, encouraging an open culture of feedback, learning and sharing.
- Support in the creation and improvement of internal assets such as marketing artwork, printed assets and design templates.
We need someone with agency or consultancy experience, who knows how to lead UX, innovation or CX design work and create meaningful digital or real-world experiences.
- A multi-disciplinary designer with at least 6 years experience leading hands-on creation or redesign of products/services, from proposition, through strategy to design.
- Possibly from a UX, service, innovation, product or graphic design background, but are keen to explore how these disciplines overlap.
- Experienced in leading research into users, markets or competitors.
- Keen on user flows, typography, information hierarchies and clear visual thinking.
- Confident using Figma, GSuite, Adobe and/or prototyping tools of your choice. Knowledge or curiosity for Notion, Webflow, AI and other time-saving tools are always welcome.
- Experienced in working with big organisations; in and beyond ‘digital’.
- Curious about what’s coming: from life-centred design to the future of work.
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy which partners with our clients to build new products, services and strategies. We help them build the capabilities to work in a brave, smart and independent way.
We have a strong client portfolio, across Technology, Pharma, Financial Services and Retail. Using a range of design thinking and agile methodologies, our best work sees us working hand-in-hand with our clients to make things, coaching them as we go in the skills, tools, and mindset they need to make sustainable changes for the better.
Today our 50+ community is made up of designers, product strategists, transformation coaches and a network of trusted, expert associates who’ve helped organisations like HP, Macmillan, Novartis, River Island, Wickes and The Economist.
What’s in it for you
Growth and opportunity
Be a part of a growing innovation and transformation consultancy which is challenging the way that management consulting is traditionally done – a place that offers that rare balance between play, freedom, shaping a business and security. You’ll get to tackle the biggest challenges of a whole range of organisations – including industrial titans.
You’ll join and grow an awesome team of smart, interesting, curious, compassionate people who love to create good trouble. And you’ll learn a lot along the way.
There are many reasons why you’d want to join &us, but here are a few of the benefits we’d like to call out:
- A collaborative, open and inclusive culture
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working – work from home, remotely or in our London office
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Office closure between Christmas and new year
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years working here
- Discretionary ‘Profit Fair Share’ bonus
- Health and life insurance
- Employee assistance loans
- Well-being support
- Two-day annual retreat, parties and regular socials.
Want to join &us?
Please don’t get disheartened if you do not fill all of the boxes. We would still love to hear from you.
Simply drop our People and Talent Manager, Alex (firstname.lastname@example.org) an email with:
- An explanation on why this role and why &us?
- Your CV + portfolio
We value great writers and communicators. Please keep your email succinct. We aim to reply to you within a week and look forward to reading your application.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.