Who we are
We’re an Innovation and Transformation consultancy that partners with our clients to develop their own capabilities, enabling them to work braver and innovate smarter. We have a strong client portfolio, across Pharma, Financial Services, Retail. Our work focuses on building internal capabilities and injecting agility into organisations.
Here at &us we help clients make innovation inevitable in two ways. First, we help them design and build
new businesses, products and services – ‘making’. Second, we coach teams, leaders and organisations to build their capability and processes so that they can sustain innovations without us – ‘coaching’.
Our ‘coaching’ work blends consulting, training and facilitation to help transform ways of working. Using our internal playbook we guide teams to get closer to their customers and improve how they work as a team.
Currently, we have 10 permanent coaches, and a myriad of dedicated associates who we know and love. We see a pathway to a team of 20+ coaches within 5 years. Since 2017, we’ve grown our company to around 40 based primarily out of London, but also in Switzerland, and New York.
This is a permanent role, based in the UK, but with a willingness to travel as required, when work returns to normal.
We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees and are deliberately finding new ways to create a diverse team. We see this as a fundamental and essential part of our commercial success as an organisation.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone to join our coaching practice as a Coaching Lead. For us, this means leading streams of work sometimes alone with the client, and sometimes at the helm of a team of &us coaches.
You’ll be excited by both helping organisations figure out how to innovate, and coaching individuals in skills, tools and mindsets to make their solutions a reality.
We’ll be looking for people who are motivated by building an emerging practice that intersects many different disciplines and techniques, and you’ll bring your experience, passion and point of view to the work.
You’ll be at a point in your career where you’ve done lots of ‘making’ and understand that true change happens when you align people’s potential with an opportunity for innovation.
Lead streams of work
- Set direction with teams in collaboration with senior sponsors
- Devise learning journeys for teams that simultaneously drive results for the business
- Dive into the making to help unlock the challenge
- Be a partner to the team in helping them understand the team dynamics at play and shifting their mindset so they can realise their potential
- Lead a team of &us coaches in the work
Win new work
- Build strong relationships with senior clients though the work
- Identify opportunities and design follow on work
- Be an active part of the &us growth machine, helping us reach new clients with thoughtful and helpful content and conversations
Build our practice
- Bring new thinking, tools and frameworks to our community of practice and help those around you learn from your experience
- Build our playbook with materials and tools that everyone can use
- Turn your hand to new opportunities in a way that builds our book of IP
Making the &us journey bigger and better
- Be a member of the leadership team delivering on our company objectives
- Shape the &us learning agenda in cahoots with the head of coaching
- Lead internal projects to shape our future
Who we need
We need someone with deep consultancy experience, that knows how to build a business around a thriving coaching or consulting practice.
- Led the creation of complex products and/or businesses
- Been a part of transformation or culture work with big organisations; in and beyond ‘digital’
- Have a people-first mindset and have coached individuals, formally or informally
- World class communication skills – from writing and telling stories, to building beautiful materials
- Dedicated to learning through making new things; with an action and experimental mindset – insatiably curious about people, teams and organisations
- All about creating good trouble; not afraid to break the rules when they don’t get us where we need to be, with a passion to own and drive the plan to change the world
- Nudging forward, together; meeting people where they are in their journey, being sensitive about how fast they can move. Being a team-minded individual and internal coach to those around you. Generous with your time and experience
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll get to tackle the biggest challenges of a whole range of organisations – including industrial titans.
- Be an essential ingredient of a successful, young boutique consultancy that offers that rare balance between play, freedom, shaping a business and security.
- Join and grow an awesome team of smart, interesting, curious, compassionate people who love to create good trouble.
- Incredibly rewarding experiences – we’ll do everything we can to help you make the most of your career with &us.
- Oh and a competitive salary + generous benefits. Though we know this isn’t why you’ll jump ship and join &us.
Want to join &us?
If so, we’d love to get a sense for how you think. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and use your cover letter to show us why you’d be great in this position at &us.
We value great writers and communicators. Please don’t write long answers.
We aim to reply to you within a week and look forward to reading your application.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.