Who we are
We’re an Innovation and Transformation consultancy that partners with our clients to develop their own capabilities, enabling them to work more bravely and innovate intelligently. We have a strong client portfolio, across Technology, Pharma, Financial Services and Retail. Our best work sees us working hand-in-hand with our clients to make things, coaching them as we go in the skills, tools, and mindset they need to make sustainable changes for the better, and to realise their vision for their company and for themselves.
Our “making” work blends consulting, strategy and design to help individuals, teams, and organisations make products and services in a smarter and more innovative way. Using a range of design thinking and strategy methodologies we help teams recognise the importance of starting with a clear vision, gaining a deeper understanding of their users and identifying the priority needs they’re looking to serve.
Today our team is made up of product designers, product strategists and a network of trusted, expert associates who we know and love. Over the next few years, we see a pathway to a team of 30+ designers and strategists who all share a passion for crafting brilliant solutions that meet real-world needs for users inside and outside organisations.
Since early 2017, we’ve grown our company to around 40, based primarily in the UK, but working with clients in Switzerland, Europe and the US.
This is a permanent role, based in the UK, with the flexibility to work from home on a regular basis, and opportunities to travel in the course of work, when “work” returns to normal.
What we need you to do
Working directly with the Partners and Directors at &us, you would play a critical role in the growth of the business, in particular how we nurture win-win partnerships from the very first interaction and create a high-impact client experience through our work. You’ll oversee our Marketing team, and play a crucial role in nurturing our brand awareness and reputation through our marketing efforts.
Everyone at &us contributes to growth, so you’ll be part of a big team effort. There’ll be lots of big thinking but also a fair amount of getting into the nitty-gritty. We need someone with passion: a quick-thinker, excellent stakeholder manager and powerful storyteller.
What you’ll be doing
At a high level, these are the areas we’d expect you to take ownership of:
- Develop the commercial strategy with the Partners at &us
- Be accountable for our commercial objectives, targets and how we deliver against them
- Project manage the live and incoming ‘hunting and farming’ work – what’s happening when and who is doing it
- Drive prioritisation and focus across new business and Partnerships to accelerate our growth ambitions
- Responsible for ensuring leads are generated each quarter
- Develop collateral and proposals that communicate and drive value for the client &us
- Ensure we have the right expertise and capacity for new business efforts across the company
- Working with Directors and Leads to prepare and produce high impact new business meetings and proposals
- Guide and contribute to the client services effort with the teams delivering client work across &us
- Nurture the new business and clients service capabilities of our people, helping them think in a strategic, commercial and rigorous way.
- Implement robust processes across the business to ensure we’re positioned for success with each new opportunity
- Elevate our brand awareness and reputation to propel &us forwards
- Manage and oversee our marketing team and drive our efforts across all channels
- Work with the Head of Marketing and the Partners to refine our marketing strategy and ensure our objectives are delivered
- Ensure our brand and communications are consistently implemented to our quality standards
We need someone with proven experience of business development and marketing in a business-to-business environment, who knows how to (and really wants to!) propel &us into fame with style and substance.
- 10+ years experience in developing new business for an agency/consultancy
- Passionate about the world of transformation and innovation
- A knack for managing projects and keeping things organised
- Experience in spinning plates! You’ll manage lots of exciting projects at the same time with numerous stakeholders
- An exquisite attention to detail and take an admirable amount of pride in everything you produce
- Superlative communications skills, both written and verbal.
Our offer to you
Freedom and ownership
You’ll be an essential ingredient and part of the senior leadership team at &us, helping to raise the bar and cultivate the culture within &us in line with our DNA, our growth and quality standards.
There are many reasons why you’d want to join &us, but here are a few of the benefits we’d like to call out:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working – work from home, remotely or in our office
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Office closure between xmas and new year
- Paid sabbatical (after 4 years)
- Discretionary ‘Profit Fair Share’ bonus
- Health and life insurance
- Employee assistance loans
- Well-being support
- Annual retreat, parties and regular socials
Want to join &us?
Simply, drop Alex (email@example.com) an email with:
- An explanation on why this role + &us?
- Your CV
We value great writers and communicators. Please keep your email succinct. We aim to reply to you within a week and look forward to reading your application.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.