We’ve got an exciting new role for a part-time proactive, highly organised B2B Event Specialist to join our brand new Growth Team at &us. Your mission is to help us deliver impactful, playful and valuable event experiences to our target audiences – both in person, and online.
You’ll work closely with our Marketing Manager to ideate, plan and deliver a comprehensive range of events that vary in size and format – from small, strategic briefings with 12-15 senior executives, to larger format events for 100+; from crafting on-demand webinars to creative, in-person experiences.
Although the role is part-time to 3 days per week, you will be expected to be flexible in your working pattern, helping to run events on the day. There is potential for this role to become full-time as we scale our events programme.
This is a permanent part time role, based in Old St, London, with the flexibility to work from home regularly (minimum one day in the office a week), and ‘on duty’ to cover and run events.
What you’ll be doing
- Contribute to the strategy for &us’ event programme, focused on delivering valuable, engaging event experiences for our target audiences.
- Conduct research, gather quotes and information relating to the effective planning and delivery of events.
- Gather event feedback and contribute new ideas to continuously improve the quality and value of &us events.
- Managing the end-to-end planning of events alongside our Marketing Manager, managing all project delivery elements within deadlines.
- Organise and manage the logistical details of each event – from decor and signage, to venue catering, transportation, invitee process, special guest speakers, equipment etc.
- Work with our Marketing Manager to promote and publicise each event.
- Ensure necessary compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations for each event.
- Identify &us staff resourcing needs for events, liaising with our Operations team to secure necessary resource.
- Manage and co-ordinate each event on the day, proactively handling any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
- Conduct pre- and post- event retrospectives and report on outcomes.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a different kind of innovation consultancy, and a brand new Growth team.
- Proven experience as an events planner/events producer (roughly 5 years)
- Depth of understanding of events as a brand-building and lead generation channel.
- Impressive and creative portfolio of previously managed events in the B2B space, including online and offline formats.
- Excellent time management, organisation and communication skills.
- Experienced at managing internal and third party stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently to time, and on budget.
- Experience of liaising with and managing external suppliers.
- Proven ability to manage budgets and timelines.
- Highly IT literate, with experience in Google suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides etc), MS Office and Notion.
It’s especially great if…
- You’ve worked in a small, fast-paced start-up environment with big ambitions and limited budgets.
- You’ve built and crafted an events playbook, helping to make the running of events systematic and scalable.
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy which partners with our clients to build new products, services and strategies. We help them build the capabilities to work in a brave, smart and independent way.
We have a strong client portfolio, across Technology, Pharma, Financial Services and Retail. Using a range of design thinking and agile methodologies, our best work sees us working hand-in-hand with our clients to make things, coaching them as we go in the skills, tools, and mindset they need to make sustainable changes for the better.
Today our 50+ community is made up of designers, product strategists, transformation coaches and a network of trusted, expert associates who’ve helped organisations like HP, Macmillan, Novartis, River Island, Wickes and The Economist.
What’s in it for you
Growth, guidance & freedom
You’ll join and grow an awesome team of smart, interesting, curious, compassionate people who love to create good trouble. You’ll be given plenty of exposure and autonomy from day one – if you are hungry to learn develop and like to get stuck in, you’ll have a wonderful career at &us.
There are many reasons why you’d want to join &us, but here are a few of the benefits we’d like to call out:
- Competitive salary
- A collaborative, open and inclusive culture
- Flexible working – work from home, remotely or in our London office (Shoreditch co-working space)
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years working here
- Discretionary ‘Profit Fair Share’ bonus
- Health and life insurance
- Employee assistance loans
- Well-being support
- Two-day annual retreat, parties and regular socials
Want to join &us?
Please don’t get disheartened if you do not fill all of the boxes. We would still love to hear from you.
Simply drop our People and Talent Manager, Alex (email@example.com) an email with:
- An explanation on why this role and why &us?
- Your CV + portfolio
We value great writers and communicators. Please keep your email succinct. We aim to reply to you within a week and look forward to reading your application.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.