We’ve got an exciting new role for an experienced Content Specialist to join our brand new Growth Team at &us. Your mission is to scale awareness of &us’ brand and support our marketing activity and channels by developing and producing high quality content, online and off.
You’ll co-own the content strategy and shape it with our Marketing Manager, and become the guardian of our brand tone of voice. Highly organised and efficient, you’ll also manage production through a content calendar, and be busy writing for a wide range of formats and channels.
This is a permanent role, based in Old St, London, with the flexibility to work from home regularly (minimum one day in the Office).
What you’ll be doing
- Research and identify topics, trends and competitor activities that drive high engagement and inform our content marketing strategy.
- Create, write, design and schedule a host of content assets for both online and offline channels. This may include anything and everything from social media posts, stories, articles, reports, webpage copy, podcasts, videos, newsletters, events – if we’re dreaming it, you’ll be wordsmithing it!
- Manage projects in line with timelines and deliverables when working with agencies, partners or internal subject matter experts on content development
- Work with our Marketing Manager and SEO agency to plan, write and commission content that helps us improve our ranking on Google.
- Work with our Growth Director to evolve our brand tone of voice, producing clear tone of voice guidelines and editorial guides to help &us speak with a clear, differentiated voice.
- Develop and co-own an &us Content Library, with reusable assets (ie. case studies) and templates, keeping the Library up-to-date.
- Work with our wider team and experts to ensure all of our content reflects &us’ expertise, perspectives and brand DNA.
- Monitor and track the performance of our content, telling us what’s working, what’s not, and helping to build campaigns that align with our business objectives.
- Proofread and copyedit a wide range of materials, including pitch and proposal documents where necessary, ensuring accuracy and consistency of tone.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a different kind of innovation consultancy, and a brand new Growth team.
- You have 5 years of experience in Content Design.
- You’re fully fluent in English (it’s highly likely you’re a native speaker).
- You’re really passionate about the written word with a meticulous eye for detail, and you’re evangelical about why high quality content is so essential to a brand.
- You write engaging, to-the-point copy and you think like a journalist: curious, inquisitive and always looking for the story.
- You’ve got a really good sense of humour and know how to write a killer caption.
- You understand B2B content marketing, and you’re also keen to breathe fresh air into it.
- You’ve a keen eye for design. You know how to create visually appealing content, and can design stuff yourself where necessary, using brand guidelines and templates in whatever software works for you (Canva, Figma etc).
- You’re brilliantly creative and have got loads of ideas for how to spread the word about &us with content that can cut through the noise, adding genuine value, entertainment and insights to our target audiences.
- You’re highly organised, with experience building smooth content operations processes and production timelines.
- You’ve got loads of initiative and will thrive in a fast-paced, young company, where a lot can change and we need all hands on deck. You don’t need to know everything, but you do absolutely need to be a fast learner.
- You love to test and learn. You’re open to totally new ideas and trying things in a different way. You’re constantly looking to learn and iterate, with a results-driven purpose.
It’s especially great if…
- You like to nerd out about content design and content architecture – because you know half the battle lies in organisation and scalability.
- You’re intrigued by AI and you’ve experimented with ChatGPT to improve the efficiency of content development.
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy which partners with our clients to build new products, services and strategies. We help them build the capabilities to work in a brave, smart and independent way.
We have a strong client portfolio, across Technology, Pharma, Financial Services and Retail. Using a range of design thinking and agile methodologies, our best work sees us working hand-in-hand with our clients to make things, coaching them as we go in the skills, tools, and mindset they need to make sustainable changes for the better.
Today our 50+ community is made up of designers, product strategists, transformation coaches and a network of trusted, expert associates who’ve helped organisations like HP, Macmillan, Novartis, River Island, Wickes and The Economist.
What’s in it for you
Growth, guidance & freedom
You’ll join and grow an awesome team of smart, interesting, curious, compassionate people who love to create good trouble. You’ll be given plenty of exposure and autonomy from day one – if you are hungry to learn develop and like to get stuck in, you’ll have a wonderful career at &us.
There are many reasons why you’d want to join &us, but here are a few of the benefits we’d like to call out:
- Competitive salary
- A collaborative, open and inclusive culture
- Flexible working – work from home, remotely or in our London office (Shoreditch co-working space)
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years working here
- Discretionary ‘Profit Fair Share’ bonus
- Health and life insurance
- Employee assistance loans
- Well-being support
- Two-day annual retreat, parties and regular socials
Want to join &us?
Please don’t get disheartened if you do not fill all of the boxes. We would still love to hear from you.
Simply drop our People and Talent Manager, Alex (email@example.com) an email with:
- An explanation on why this role and why &us?
- Your CV + portfolio
We value great writers and communicators. Please keep your email succinct. We aim to reply to you within a week and look forward to reading your application.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.